Experts are wrong. A national youth revival is about to hit. Three things we gotta do right away.
By Mario Murillo
There is a fresh openness to the Gospel about to break on America.
It will not come through the usual channels. The case for this prediction is strong so please take a moment to read this, not just to be encouraged, but to be prepared.
During my entire ministry, I have studied the Word of God. Even though I believe in prophetic words it has been my habit to absorb as much as I possibly could directly from the Bible.
It is from this body of evidence that I will make give you my considered opinion that the last great revival on earth will be a youth revival. That is correct; the fuse for global awakening is the young.
The last two verse of the Old Testament is teeming with meaning: Malachi 4: 5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet Before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord. 6 And he will turn The hearts of the fathers to the children, And the hearts of the children to their fathers, Lest I come and strike the earth with a curse.”
There are three quotes in that verse that have great meaning to you right now.
1. “I will send”: It will come from God Himself. This means that nothing can prevent its arrival. Times of refreshing from the throne of God make their way to Earth without regard to human planning and often at the most unexpected time and in a most unexpected way.
John 1:6 says, “There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.” John the Baptist baffled experts. He was a phenomenon that violated every religious opinion of his time. So is it today that God will give the order and the raging of men will not alter the course of this event.
2. “He will turn the hearts”: 1 Kings 18: 37 Hear me, O Lord, hear me, that this people may know that You are the Lord God, and that You have turned their hearts back to You again.”
3. Lest: Even though this is a threat it is the most powerful part of the promise. It reminds us that it is wrong to assume judgment or as Jonah did, secretly desire judgment. Joel 2:13 tells us, “So rend your heart, and not your garments; Return to the Lord your God, For He is gracious and merciful, Slow to anger, and of great kindness; And He relents from doing harm. 14 Who knows if He will turn and relent, And leave a blessing behind Him—A grain offering and a drink offering For the Lord your God?
Now here are my reasons for believing we are at the brink of a youth harvest in America:
1. I believe that God provoked Satan to overplay his hand thereby getting youth sick of excess. Immoral activist, aging baby boomers are beginning to look disgusting and tedious to youth. Ambivalence toward Abortion, socialism, Europe and atheism and even feminism is driving them investigate Christ.
2. It is such a bad time that it is a good time. Since revival is sent to avert disaster it means that it will occur just before disaster. The times that seem to make revival look impossible are very the times in which they appear.
Why do I think that disaster will be averted? Lost in all of the dizzying changes to marriage, drugs, healthcare, is the fact that the majority of Americans still believe in Christ.
Even though there is widespread lukewarm faith, there is a living taproot. Radical voices have hijacked the microphone but they do not represent reality. America is way more spiritually flammable that experts know and the fire of heaven will spread fast.
Three things we gotta do quick!
1. Men become fathers! Spiritual fathers will usher in the next revival. Hitler sensed a vacuum in the youth of Germany devastated by the First World War. He knew that a father figure could own the heart of the youth. If you open your heart you will also open your schedule and your home to an orphaned generation.
2. Make your prayer for revival sincere and knowledgeable. Much of our prayer is bouncing off the walls because it is not coming from a heart that is convinced or aware of what they are asking for. When true prayer appears it is not only effective it is contagious.
3. We must build barns. Proverbs 10:5 “He who gathers in summer is a wise son; He who sleeps in harvest is a son who causes shame.”
John 4:35 “Don’t you have a saying, ‘It’s still four months until harvest’? I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest.”
Luke 10:2 He told them, “The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.”
No longer can church be a monument to a bygone era or a marketing center for mass superficiality. Our buildings must be retooled; they must become youth oriented upper rooms where God turns the wreckage of young lives into trophies of His power and Grace!
These verses serve as a loving warning. Churches must start now to make room for interruptions. Youth will arrive. We will be ordered to go out and get them. Don’t say it is not possible or that youth are not ready. The stage is set, the fuse is lit I pray you are ready!