Why American Preachers will not unify against the anti-God White House.
By Mario Murillo
You deserve to know why. There are 500,000 ministers in America. If they would unify and stand for Bible values, it would end the insanity of the White House overnight. Why won’t they unify?
Make no mistake. I am not anti-church and I am especially not anti-pastor. I am loyal to my fellow preachers. I am committed to the local church.
But I am also against the lie that says ministers should mind their own business while America is ringing down the drain.
This post has one passion. It is to provoke someone far more influential than I. Whoever that person is needs to stand now and use every last drop of their influence. They must unify the ministers of America into one mighty voice. It is time for a non-violent revolution; a firewall against the onslaught of evil…it is the only way this nation will be spared.
Half a million ministers should be able to do something! Sadly, Satan has done a number on a great many of them. In fact, this is by far the most widespread dereliction of duty by any generation of American preachers. The enemy has neutralized pastors. He has paralyzed some of them with fear. He has deceived a host of them with false doctrine and false guidance. He has seduced many of them with compromise.
I praise the faithful preacher, but I herewith indict the compromised preacher. As I said, you who are in the pews deserve to know why your minister refuses to speak out. Here are the reasons listed in order of importance.
- Fear of losing non-profit status. In the 1950’s, Lyndon Johnson caused the church to make a deal with the devil. The deal is known as the 501C3 designation. Frustrated by pastors who were telling their people not to vote for him, Johnson introduced legislation that silenced the church. In exchange for IRS status, churches agreed not to endorse political candidates. The church did not need this designation because they were already tax exempt in the Constitution. This fear is utterly unfounded because no pastor’s free speech can be overruled by the IRS.
It makes no sense to say you fear losing your status. Unless we begin speaking out, an America is coming where it is illegal for your church to meet. What good will your nonprofit status do you when you are an underground church?
- Lifestyle: 50% of all preachers who were polled said that if there was another way for them to make money they would leave the ministry. That means that for many preachers the ministry is just a paycheck.
If speaking out against Obama will cost them tithers, if standing for marriage and the unborn will offend some, they will not risk anything that could threaten their lifestyle.
- Racism: This happened in the midst of Andrae Crouch’s funeral. Stevie Wonder said, “The only reason that people have rejected Obama’s policies of inclusion is because he is black.” In a spirit-filled church, during the memorial to a Gospel legend who did more than anyone before him to cross racial lines with Gospel music, Mr. Wonder had to inject race. When you value the race of a politician above Christianity, Bible values, and morality, it is racism.
- Ignorance of Scripture: Preachers today do not know the Bible. Many no longer believe it is the inspired Word of God. They have crafted their sermons from pagan writers, motivational speakers and secular music lyrics. They do not pray and search the scriptures. Instead they research pop culture.
This is why they are ignorant of their calling to be watchmen over the flock of God. This ignorance of the Bible is why we hear them agreeing with atheists and secular humanists.
- Ignorance of America: They do not value America. They have forgotten the way God worked in our history. Linked to this ignorance of America is their ignorance of the threat to her existence. They do not understand what moral awakenings have meant to the United States. Since they are ignorant of this miracle called America, they are also ignorant of the urgency for revival.
- Apathy: Two extremes create apathy; one is self-sufficiency and the other is total discouragement. When ministers have too much or too little, they say, “What is the use in trying anymore?” One has given up because they don’t need the drama. The other has given up because they believe it is hopeless.
Even though the causes are totally opposite, the result is the same: A nation dies because leaders cannot muster the necessary outrage to take appropriate action.
- Competition: Many preachers do not see their fellow ministers as brothers in arms. They see them as competition. They see them as predators of their people. Wanting the biggest church has blinded them to the fact that we are all in the same army; that we are on the same side. Some preachers actually relish the idea that their competitor is losing members and suffering loss.
So here is the bottom line. Our refusal to repent of these things, our rebellion against our duty to stand as one voice against the evil of our government, will cost us the nation.
I am not the man to unify the leaders. It is quite possible that someone reading this is the person to make it happen. As I said at the very beginning, we could wipe out the insanity of the White House in no time if we would stand together. If we do not, we will go down in history as the worst generation of preachers in American History.
“But at night an angel of the Lord opened the prison doors and brought them out, and said, ‘Go, stand in the temple and speak to the people all the words of this life.’”- Acts 5:19, 20.