Destroying the Satanic purpose of political correctness
Political correctness has a purpose—a Satanic purpose. I saw the roots of PC in Berkeley. I watched as Political Science professors at the University of California twisted history, used hipness and coolness to shame young minds into hating America and Israel.
Otherwise intelligent students woke up willing to fight the Constitution and our Bill of Rights. All the while, they believed, they were the freedom fighters.
PC a picks a justifiable outrage—seizes the idealism and impulsiveness of youth—then offers a cure worse than the disease. Margaret Thatcher said, “To cure the British disease with socialism was like trying to cure leukemia with leeches.”
Socialism is politically correct among youth right now. To apply it to our economy would kill the patient. PC never knows how it is going to pay for itself. Students cry for free college—and free everything—without considering that seizing all of the assets of the rich would pay for less than seven days of their agenda. What will they do next week?
PC uses name-calling to kill free exchange of ideas and open dialogue. If you disagree with what is correct it is because you are racist, sexist, or get this—specieist! (Specieist is when you believe humans are more valuable than animals.)
PC wants to completely control you but it cannot control itself. It begins nobly, protecting battered women, but ends up suspending a 4 year old boy for sexual assault who wrote a love note to a little girl. In its fever to get rid of guns it suspends a 6 year old for biting a pop tart into the shape of a gun. (I am not kidding you.)
Here’s 8 examples of political correctness gone mad.
- The BBC has dropped the use of the terms Before Christ (BC) and Anno Domini (AD) on one of their programs and decided that the terms ‘Before Common Era’ / ‘Common Era’ are more appropriate
- The European Parliament introduced proposals to outlaw titles stating marital status such as ‘Miss’ and ‘Mrs’ so as not to cause offence. It also meant that ‘Madame’ and ‘Mademoiselle’, ‘Frau’ and ‘Fraulein’ and ‘Senora’ and ‘Senorita’ would be banned.
- Throughout several US councils and organizations, any terms using the word ‘man’ as a prefix or suffix have been ruled as not being politically correct. ‘Manhole’ is now referred to as a ‘utility’ or ‘maintenance’ hole.
- Loveable cartoon rogue Dennis the Menace has been given a politically correct make over. BBC chiefs decided to take away his edge in the remake. Gone are his bombs, catapult, water pistol and pea shooter – and in their place is a simple boyish grin.
- A school in Seattle renamed its Easter eggs ‘spring spheres’ to avoid causing offence to people who did not celebrate Easter.
- A UK council has banned the term ‘brainstorming’ – and replaced it with ‘thought showers’, as local lawmakers thought the term may offend epileptics.
- A UK recruiter was stunned when her job advert for ‘reliable’ and ‘hard-working’ applicants was rejected by the job center as it could be offensive to unreliable and lazy people.
- In 2007, Santa Clauses in Sydney, Australia, were banned from saying ‘Ho Ho Ho’. Their employer, the recruitment firm Westaff (that supplies hundreds of Santas across Australia), allegedly told all trainees that ‘ho ho ho’ could frighten children, and be derogatory to women. Why ? Because ‘Ho Ho Ho’ is too close to the American (not Australian, mind you) slang for prostitute.
But it gets even worse…PC wants to abolish all opposing views. Sandra Korn, a senior who writes a column for the Harvard Crimson newspaper, thinks radical leftism is the only permissible political philosophy, and the First Amendment only hinders colleges from brainwashing students with her viewpoint.
“Let’s give up on academic freedom in favor of justice,” states the subtitle of her Feb. 18 column, in which she insists Harvard stop guaranteeing students and professors the right to hold controversial views and conduct research putting liberalism in a negative light. “If our university community opposes racism, sexism, and heterosexism, why should we put up with research that counters our goals?” Korn asks.”
Rush Limbaugh said, “This is not parody,”. This woman, Sandra Korn, is real, and she’s serious that free speech needs to be abridged because it is threatening liberalism. It means that liberalism cannot hold up to scrutiny. It cannot withstand a challenge. If liberalism were infallible, if liberalism were so powerful and automatic, they would welcome challenges to it – and they would welcome the attempt to persuade and to convert. But instead they’re threatened by it.” Keep this in mind for what I will say later.
Satan’s real intention cannot be achieved unless he gets PC into the pulpit…and he has. He convinced celebrity pastors that the Gospel was politically incorrect. He told them that they could make inroads into our culture if they went PC. This is how we came to the following strange condition:
-The grace teaching that justified helping Hitler in the German Church—is used today to justify silence about Obama.
-50% of all American pastors today would have opposed the Declaration of Independence because of their view that we are to respect authority no matter what.
So what was the end game? Instead of being liked we are hated, instead of being effective we have presented a Gospel that is weakens the already saved and turns off the unchurched.
How do we destroy Satan’s plan for PC?
1. Don’t worry about offending people. We are the culture of the easily offended. Nothing is holding back revival more that preachers who are afraid to offend people. If you know you love a person… that is all that matters. You cannot let them tell you what love looks like…just speak the truth in love.
Limbaugh gave us a clue with these words: “If liberalism were infallible, if liberalism were so powerful and automatic, they would welcome challenges to it – and they would welcome the attempt to persuade and to convert.”
Tell the truth no matter who is offended. PC falls apart in the presence of logic and common sense. The Gospel—the real Gospel is the best thing that ever happened to the human race. It is so potent that any effort to make it more acceptable only takes away from its power.
PC relies on intimidation. Once you no longer fear the labels they will put on you—you will be free to speak with power and expose the lunacy of most politically correct arguments.
2. Trust in the power of the Gospel! People do not need to be sold on the Gospel—it does not need an agent or a marketing plan. Present it plainly and then get out of its way. Watch the Holy Spirit confirm the Gospel.
Woodrow Wilson said, “the proof the Gospel is divine is the preaching it has survived.” Don’t make the Holy Spirit survive your preaching but crown your obedience with power. How odd that we find ourselves having to say: Man of God: Tell the truth.
3. Stand up to stupid political correct laws. When we speak up to teachers, principals and politicians they buckle. Most of them instituted these dumb laws because they were intimidated by a loon who was offended. Pastors owe it to the sheep—parents owe it to their children—Americans owe it to their country to stand up and reject regulations and restrictions based on offended stupidity.