Against All Odds: We had no idea how big a miracle his election was until now. The greatest forces—ever assembled to prevent someone from becoming president—were aimed at Donald Trump.
We now know the FBI—with henchmen hand-picked by Obama—worked to topple his campaign. 95% of all the newspapers, radio and television networks trashed him every day. Every celebrity lefty scolded us against Trump. Hillary raised 5 times more money than Trump. Even his own party opposed him. Still he won.
Only now, that the infamous memo has been released, do we realize the mountains that had to move in order to put him in the White House.
Only now can we see the magnitude of corruption a Hillary presidency would have been—and how much we have been spared.
Only now are we able to see the odds that were against him and the power that is sustaining him. Only now can we understand how impossible his victory was.
He will not be impeached. He will not even be censured. The next four years and more are his. Hate me, laugh at me, despise my writing…it does not matter, he will survive.
To all who support Trump, there are 5 reasons for you not to worry. I am not even going to get spiritual about it. I am not going to give you a glassy stare, feign some prophetic moment, and speak in a breathy tone. Just the facts.
1. The poll numbers are skewed against him. Scientists have shown that when people have a favorite candidate who is attacked by the press they go silent. They still support the person, they just won’t tell you. Many, many more than we hear about still support Trump.
Moreover, Americans have a deep sense of fair play. They go for the underdog. Our people see the flagrant, wanton and disgraceful attacks on Trump by the media. They are giving him a break for that. They also understand his rookie mistakes, he is not a politician… we didn’t want a politician, remember?
Here’s the tragic part for his haters…his base still believes he loves America and wants to make her great again.
2. It’s the economy, oh thou lacking ordinary quickness and keenness of mind. Unemployment is at a 16-year low, and the consumer sentiment levels are at near record highs. When all the background noise settles, and the voter, with a good paying job, stands before the lever to vote—the thought of returning to an Obama economy will horrify.
3. He has plenty of time to win back those who have turned against him. Listen to Jake Novak senior editor at CNBC: “Both party establishments still need a vote-getting leader and President Trump already has the White House leadership role they covet. He has enormous executive power at his fingertips and the ability to win over some doubters with even the smallest backtracking like his recent ousting of Chief White House Strategist Steve Bannon, or just the passage of time.”
4. The other side still looks way worse. Two men trapped in the woods are suddenly charged by a bear. One man takes off barefoot the other stops to put on his shoes. The runner asks why are you doing that? The other replies, I only need to be faster than you.
Chuck Schumer annoys his base, let alone the rest of us. Elizabeth Warren is a shrill throated hater of the white middle-class worker. Bernie Sanders’ economy from Mars plays well only because pot has been legalized on campus. Maxine Waters is a VOTE FOR TRUMP machine. Nancy Pelosi is, well, Nancy Pelosi.
5. Millions are praying for our nation. I do not agree with everything Trump does. If he asked me I would have some strong words on certain things. What I cannot deny are these things:
He put a conservative in the Supreme Court. He stands with Israel. He is against abortion. He wants to remove the hideous Johnson Amendment that took away freedom of speech from preachers. He wants to secure the border. He is working to stop other nations from abusing us and harming us.
Thoughtful believers see past the fog. They see what I see, they are praying for his protection, for wisdom and for God’s favor. Those prayers will be answered.
Who am I to say this last part? Mr. President, shake off the distractions and remember the message that put you in the White House. Keep on making America Great Again. The rest will take care of itself.
To the believers who know this is a miracle—I say, we must seize this miraculous intervention. We must spike our action and raise the volume of our prayers and witness.
To the enemies of Trump I offer this admonition: You will derange yourself opposing him because we now know how he got in office.