Democratic leaders already know. It is foolish to bet against Trump. The FBI found out conspiring against the President backfires. The media went for ratings by bashing Trump only to lose those ratings and their credibility. Mueller’s witch-hunt investigation is flaming out as political disaster.
Comey says his new book will do Trump in. Instead, it will be spit balls at a battleship.
CBS believes it has the silver bullet to kill Trump. They gleefully believe that an interview with a porn star this Sunday night is the end of Trump. Come Monday, they will join a long list of disappointed Trump haters whose weapons did not prosper.
The endless slander—the constant dredging up of scandal—the blatant lies are utterly disgraceful and should be condemned by every freedom-loving American. Here’s the thing…none of it is going to work.
He has been called every vile name there is and it bounces off. He has been insulted more vilely anyone and he just shakes it off and moves on.
Trump will survive. Not because he’s perfect. Not because his base is fiercely loyal. He will survive even though he is hard for some Christians to take. Bless your heart, I think you probably just never met someone from New York.
He is here by divine appointment. Can you hear heads exploding? Yes, you heard me right—he is here because God set him in the White House. And as my friends in Lubbock say, “there ain’t nuthin you can do about it.”
He is here to wreck and dismantle. He is here to here to apply strong medicine to a self-destructive nation.
Nothing else explains why he is still standing after the cruelest and most unrelenting attack on any leader in America leader in history. More importantly, nothing else explains why none of this has broken his spirit. Deal with it. Someone way bigger than you and me wants him right where he is doing just what he is doing.
Many church going folk don’t like Trump. They can’t imagine God using him. Habakkuk felt the same way. When God told him that Babylon would be an instrument of divine work he couldn’t fathom it. Here is what the Habakkuk 1 says, “ 5 “Look at the nations and watch—and be utterly amazed. For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe, even if you were told. 6 I am raising up the Babylonians,that ruthless and impetuous people…
Ruthless and impetuous describes Trump. Nevertheless, he is here until he fulfills his purpose. To all you intercessors who cried out for a national miracle—you got it. Its just a much rougher package than you imagined.
But what is Trump here to do? Now here comes the chilling answer: Trump is buying time for the sleeping church to wake up and do her job. Trump is a divine stop-gap that appeared out of mercy.
Nothing could be worse than for us to waste this miracle. Nothing could be more grieving to God than for the American church to be ungrateful for a man—a rough customer to be sure—who is taking the hits for standing for all the values that we love and that the left hates.
Yes, we are going to see a scorched earth political campaign from the left. They will be carpet bombing the nation with propaganda. The flood of fake news, character assassination, and criminal activity during the election season will be worse than anything you have ever seen. At a certain point, it will look impossible for our side to win. However, I know we can—I know God wants to do a miracle.
I have sought the Lord. These days of my slow recovery do have a downside for Satan. I have time to pray, study, think, and write. Last night it hit me. There are 5 clear and notable steps to a miracle in November. Here they come:
1. Activate: Realize that there are more of us than you know. There are millions who love Jesus, America, and support our president. You don’t need to engage in endless debates and change someone’s mind—all you have to do is activate those of like mind.
Activate them by telling them what is at stake. By taking the House and the Senate, the left can do as much damage as having Hillary in the White House. The first thing they will do is impeach Donald Trump. While it will take more than impeachment to remove him from office—they will move to do that next.
Ask if they are registered to vote. Ask what their plan is to make sure they vote. Talk to them about studying a sample ballot so that they will prepared to vote correctly. Talk to them about early voting. Make sure they know where to vote.
2. Talk to your pastor. Make sure you do not threaten to leave if you don’t get your way. Gently ask if he or she would consider instructing the Body on what is at stake. One fact should outweigh everything else: THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY HAS DECLARED WAR ON CHRISTIANITY. You are not lying or exaggerating when you tell that to leader.
Spiritual leaders need to know they are not getting political by being vocal about the election. It’s the Democrats who have gotten anti-God. It is a natural extension of a preacher’s calling to destroy the works of Satan, which in this case, is the left’s plan to drive the church underground.
3. Educate yourself on the issues and take public stands. No, I don’t want you glued to cable news, but you should understand your why you are pro-life, pro second amendment, and why you support the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. Yes, you can win debates and change minds. When your child comes home from school a victim of leftist encroachment, you should know your parental rights. I have found that many ideas of the left are easily defeated, and young minds believe silliness because they have never heard an opposing view.
Write letters to editors. Call into radio shows. You’ll be amazed at how much noise you can make, and how many minds you can change.
4. Understand that by taking stands against leftists you are not being unloving. Paul knew when to stand up for his civil rights: Acts 16: 36 “So the keeper of the prison reported these words to Paul, saying, “The magistrates have sent to let you go. Now therefore depart, and go in peace.” 37 But Paul said to them, “They have beaten us openly, uncondemned Romans, and have thrown us into prison. And now do they put us out secretly? No indeed! Let them come themselves and get us out. 38 And the officers told these words to the magistrates, and they were afraid when they heard that they were Romans.” Paul knew his rights. He didn’t worry that he was unloving. He forced a political change in that city.
5.Understand warfare intercession. Prayer can’t be polite in this election cycle. It must be intense. It must be targeted. It must be deliberate. It must discern what is happening. Arthur Matthews said, “principalities and powers in heavenly places have mustered their unseen array rigged their Trojan horse infiltrated society and opened the gates for a flood of evil to take over.”
Once alerted to that inescapable fact the soldier of Jesus must set themselves to unleash heaven of the powers of evil. Tragically, most believers are ignorant of the invisible battle. Edith Schaeffer says that “there is a deadness, a blindness, an insensitivity among many Christians, for they refuse to recognize the war in which they are involved.”
The good news is that Jehovah only needs a handful of true intercessors to thwart Satan’s plans in this coming election. You must understand however, your duty, and your authority. Again, Arthur Matthews says, “Barriers are not moved by God’s omnipotence until the believer takes the initiative and stands his ground in the heavenly places to engage the powers of evil that are directly the cause of the ground-level troubles, and resists them in the name of the Victor of Calvary.”
When the enemy came to steal Israel’s water Moses took action to cut off demonic power at the source: Exodus 17: 8 Now Amalek came and fought with Israel in Rephidim. 9 And Moses said to Joshua, “Choose us some men and go out, fight with Amalek. Tomorrow I will stand on the top of the hill with the rod of God in my hand.”
So long as Moses held up the rod over the battle the Amalekites were defeated. You know the rest, Aaron and Hur held up his arm until victory came.
Hold up the standard of God in prayer. Hold it over the demons who drive the left to their insane extremes. Let your intercession disrupt them. Watch as God divides, confuses, and neutralizes the strategies of devils until we see a miracle in November. Hallelujah!
Remember the horror you felt when you thought Hillary might be president? Save that feeling, you’ll likely need it this November. Up until today I could say Republicans had an edge for the midterms because of money and the victories Trump has won. Now, I can’t say that.
An old familiar virus is infecting the church. It is removing the sense of urgency that got Trump Elected. It is bringing back failed ideas that sidelined the church in two disastrous presidential elections.
In 2008 we were warned what Barack Obama would do. Pastors didn’t think it was right to get involved in politics. On top of that, millions of Christians, with a murky understanding of the Bible voted for him. Those fallacies are back in the church.
Obama ended up being far worse than we could have imagined. The vast machinery of the left that he set in place is still dismantling our freedom. How soon we forget the price of apathy.
By taking the House and the Senate, the left can do as much damage as having Hillary in the White House. The first thing they will do is impeach Donald Trump. While it will take more than impeachment to remove him from office—they will move to do that next.
Before you write me off as an alarmist let me ask some simple questions?
Do you see Christian Leaders trying to rally the church to stop leftist candidates? Think about what everyone is preaching right now. Do you hear anything about the looming threat to our freedom and our children’s? My guess is that you don’t.
Do you notice how many in the church are apathetic because they think that Trump’s victory is the only real victory we need? They are blissfully ignorant of the need for a whole new effort to organize and defeat the coming threat.
Do you realize that there is only one thing you need to know to vote in the midterm election? It goes beyond the fact that they want to take away the second amendment, they would to return to the deficits and government regulations that were strangling our economy and they would go back to the foreign policy that endangered us.
Here is the one thing you must remember: The Democratic Party has declared war on Christianity. Think about it…
Who bankrupted Christian bakers? Who devastated the Little Sisters of the Poor? Who told our chaplains not to mention Christ to our soldiers? Who told pastors they would lose their tax exemption if they told their congregations how to vote? Who put Billy Graham Evangelistic Association’s nonprofit status in suspense for telling voters to vote their conscience? Who booed God and Israel at their convention? Who changed marriage? Who made your children go to schools with transgender bathrooms?
(Check out my blog on how Obama was the most Biblically hostile President in history) https://wp.me/p1vrzp-3DQ
You are about to see the vilest campaign in American history. The left will divest itself of all decency. There will be a billion dollars burned on a propaganda campaign to label anyone who supports Trump or Republicans as racist, sexist, homophobic, and mentally challenged.
Christians are just not prepared—at least not yet—to stand against this wicked assault.At this moment, an old lie is resurfacing—it is the idea that to be sweet Christians we must not take stands that make us look bad.
The other lie is the one that says since God is sovereign and omnipotent we should just trust the outcome of November.
The Word of God shows us that God has chosen to use prayer, repentance, and obedience. 2 Chronicles 7:14 begins with “if my people.” That proves it is on us.
Between now and November I will be doing everything God tells me to warn and provoke the church to action.
Tens of thousands of high school students protesting nationwide spell doom for Trump as the nation veers left. A Democrat wins in Pennsylvania district that Trump took by 20 points, means a blue wave is coming in the midterm elections. The 60 Minutes interview with Stormy Daniels will bring Donald Trump down in scandal. Trump’s economy is called a fizzle as first quarter GDP projection drops. Christian influence will disintegrate in a post Billy Graham world.
It’s all a smoke screen! Don’t panic and don’t believe it. Let me give you the truth.
- Let me begin with the gun protests. Mass protests tend to fizzle when the dust settles and America gets a chance to think. Remember Madonna? “I have thought an awful lot about blowing up the White House.” A chorus of cheers led gave way to some soul-searching and then the stupidity of it all surfaced.
The gun protests, where the Democratic Party used thousands of class-cutting high school students as body shields will not change facts. In fact, the protest itself provided its own best argument against it. Who can forget the visual of hypocritical Democratic leaders marching to the podium to protest guns escorted by armed guards.
Americans won’t buy the histrionics. Passing new gun control measures would blame good, honest people for the acts of murderers. Passing new gun control laws won’t protect our kids, because criminals willing to commit murder will never obey the law.
2. The election of a Democrat in Pennsylvania is meaningless. Because of redistricting this district will not even exist. Both Saccone and Lamb may end up running in November in different districts, and both may win their races if they do. Forget the special election being predictive on a national basis; it may not even be predictive for Pennsylvania.
3. This doesn’t spell doom for the Republicans in the midterm elections: Heading into November, Republicans have a distinct edge in resources and infrastructure. The party committees dedicated to the Senate and House have remained competitive with each other, but the RNC has outperformed the DNC by a wide margin. The RNC has over $40 million cash-on-hand after setting a new record for off-year donations, while the DNC barely has enough cash (a little over $6 million) to cover its existing debt.
4. Stormy Daniels interview on 60 minutes will bring Donald Trump down. Wait. Didn’t this porn star just tell Jimmy Kimmel that she absolutely never had an affair with Donald Trump? Enough said.
5. First quarter GDP projection drops. Trump’s tax cut failed? The Conference Board, a global, independent business membership and research association, said this about the first quarter drop yesterday: “ “2018 has started with a small slowdown in consumption and investment numbers, and our GDP forecast for the first quarter has been revised downward from 3.3 to 2.6 percent. But this pullback doesn’t detract from a strong 2018 outlook. The business environment for this year and next still looks bright, especially because the labor market created more than 200,000 jobs per month over the past six months.”
See also my blog about 5 reasons not to worry about Trump. Click here https://wp.me/p1vrzp-56c
6. Finally, their threat and hope that the church will fade and falter defies history. In times of moral confusion, the hearts of people turn back to core values. Already, that trend is growing. Yes, Billy Graham is in heaven. All that means is others will be raised up. The leftist media will ignore moral awakening because it is a threat to their agenda.
It also defies the Word of God: Jesus said in Matthew 16:18 “And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it.”
Yes, we have a lot work ahead of us to transform America but this is just a smokescreen—don’t let these lies unsettle your spirit.
They are saying what we should be saying. Millions have seen their videos. They are credited for starting a revolution of thought in North America. Here’s the rub: they are stealing our thunder. They are putting preachers to shame. They are Jordan Peterson and Ben Shapiro.
You may be the last human in America who hasn’t seen their confrontations and then eliminations of post-modern secularists. They tackle every hot button issue from transgender, abortion, gun rights, feminism…in short, everything your pastor may be afraid to preach on.
Here’s the thing—they do it with an aplomb that devastates their opponents. They produce clear facts and irresistible common sense to show how ancient morality is key to sanity. In other words, they are doing our job.
There is one audience that is especially resonates with Jordan Petersen: young men. This is a key demographic that the church has almost entirely lost.
Ben Shapiro destroys the case for abortion in take-no-prisoners style on the most liberal college campuses.
Jordan Petersen champions free speech in a way that you are not hearing in any pulpit today.
What they are, is what preaching used to be in America. What they have done, is destroy our great excuse: the lie that young audiences do not want to hear classic morality. And they have destroyed the sister lie that if you take on the false arguments of the left you will be shot down in flames.
The fact that they don’t preach the Gospel or refer to that many Bible verses only increases our embarrassment. That’s because, they are still closer to the counsel of God than most celebrity pastors.
While most mega church pastors seek the non-offensive sermon, these two wade into the fallacies of sin and atheism. They prove that there is a vast young audience for moral absolutes.
They prove what I have long declared: it is time for sermons with content. Paul said he did not come with the excellency of man’s wisdom but the demonstration of the power of God. That does not mean he was not compelling. We are not compelling because we are so afraid of telling people where they are wrong.
There was a day when a Jordan Petersen and a Ben Shapiro would not have been such a novelty. We used to have preachers who were anointed with content that exposed the bankruptcy of secular culture.
Billy Graham was such a preacher. He stood unapologetically before lost souls, of all races, and educational levels, and declared the Word of God. He left nothing out.
The notion that he was a simple preacher is misleading. He once said, “the new morality is nothing but the old immorality.” A simple yet profound observation that is more at home in a meeting with Jordan and Ben than our present churches.
Billy seized headlines, current events and never shied away from explaining why sin destroyed and Jesus offered peace that passes understanding.
Today the church is talking to itself because it does not know how to talk to modern minds. We do not change hearts and minds. We are not adding daily to the church such as should be saved.
You know I believe in miracles. However, those who continually offer the world emotional experiences are missing the great power of preaching like Jesus promised, “I will give you a mouth and wisdom that your adversaries will not be able to gainsay or resist.”
On the other hand, those who leave out the power of the gifts of the Spirit—that are a sign to the unbeliever—are equally crippling the Church’s power to transform lost souls.
This dynamic duo of gifts of power with piercing preaching was embodied by Paul the Apostle. Until Paul, the church was led by Peter. Peter had fire but not the trained mind of Paul the Apostle.
When Paul told the initiative his dual gifting of heat and light caused the Gospel to spread to all the known world. It can be that way again.
It is not enough to tell harmless stories to the already converted. We need to penetrate those who never darken the door of a church. It is not enough to dazzle them with logic as Jordan and Ben do. They need both a convicting declaration and the confirming signs of the Holy Spirit.
Jordan and Ben have done the heavy lifting. They proved our shallow sermons are unjustified.
Maybe we needed to be shamed into action by two men who have proven that millions—many who we thought wanted nothing to do with Christ—are hungry for truth.