June 1, 2012 NEW YORK (AP) – “U.S. stock futures plummeted Friday after the release of a report on the job market that was far weaker than economists expected. Dow Jones industrial average futures, which fell 100 points before the report came out at 8:30 a.m. EDT Friday, tumbled an additional 100 points within minutes. A loss of 200 points when the stock market opens at 9:30 a.m. would wipe out what was left of the Dow’s gain for the year.
The yield on the benchmark 10-year U.S. Treasury note plunged to 1.46 percent, the lowest on record, from 1.56 percent. That was an indication that investors were flocking to bonds for safety.”
Experts predicted that we would see 150,000 jobs added in this report. But even 150,000 jobs added in one month is a terrible number. That is how much California should be adding let alone the whole nation. Instead, only 69,000 jobs were added and unemployment is back up to 8.2%.
This is a jobs disaster and under normal circumstances would kill a president’s reelection chances… but it will not. Why?
-When Obama ignored the economy for the first two years in order to ram through a health care bill that Democratic leaders did not read, that the Supreme Court said would totally change how our government relates to us, and that the vast majority of Americans hate, it did not have a lasting effect on his poll numbers.
– His economic strategy is seen by some experts to be like using amputation to cure ingrown toenail. He gave Solyndra 500 million and it promptly filed for bankruptcy. He blocks a pipeline that most leaders say would create a million jobs. He continues blame George Bush 4 years later. Again, this did not crash his approval rating.
-When he came out in favor of same sex marriage it should have dropped his support from the black community, who overwhelmingly oppose it, but again he looks to get 95% of their vote.
– More than 50% of all Americans oppose abortion on demand. His unwavering support for Planned Parenthood even after it was revealed that one of their workers was helping a woman plan for an abortion if she found out the fetus was a girl, has not cost him the support of woman’s rights groups.
Let me see if you got that one: The ultimate violence against women is to kill them simply because they are a woman, and yet, woman’s rights movements will still back Planned Parenthood and their Obama. Planned Parenthood by the way, gets nearly $500 million of your tax dollars every year.
-A huge number admit in polls that Obama means to reshape America by ideology and by a personal malice for the American system, but they are going to vote for him anyway.
-An equal number agree that Obama cannot run on his record, but they will vote for him anyway.
– Finally, there is the blackout on the historic news that the Catholic Church representing 25 million Americans is suing Obama for violating their freedom of worship. Franklin Graham has said that Obama has a resentment against Christians. Even so, many Christians are still going to vote for Obama .
So why after all of this is he still holding his approval rating? The answer should trouble even the most staunchly liberal thinkers among us. CBS, NBC, ABC, Hollywood, The New York Times, and a myriad of newspapers are doing everything possible to get Obama reelected. They are in lock step with him, they get their talking points from the White House, and make they sure that we only hear positives about a president who many believe is the worst, by far, in history.
This could also explain why you may not have heard of many of the issues I am raising.
Every day the hope of a free and fair election dims because of this vast bias that has the power to bend facts and outright lie in order to achieve their goals. We need a miracle.
What do we do? We pray, we pray like we have never prayed before.
1. We pray for a mass spell to be broken off of America. Ezra 10:1 says, “Now while Ezra was praying, and while he was confessing, weeping, and bowing down before the house of God, a very large assembly of men, women, and children gathered to him from Israel; for the people wept very bitterly.” The way that Ezra prayed was so intense that it broke the spell on the people. This is no time for pride or the fear of man. This is the time of fiery, heart-rending intercession!
2. We pray as priests of God confessing sins on behalf of our nation. Daniel 9:3 Then I set my face toward the Lord God to make request by prayer and supplications, with fasting, sackcloth, and ashes. 4 And I prayed to the Lord my God, and made confession, and said, “O Lord, great and awesome God, who keeps His covenant and mercy with those who love Him, and with those who keep His commandments, 5 we have sinned and committed iniquity, we have done wickedly and rebelled, even by departing from Your precepts and Your judgments.” Even though Daniel was innocent he still said, “we have sinned.”
3. We plead for mercy and for God to spare America. Joel 2:13 “Rend your heart and not your garments. Return to the Lord your God, for he is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and abounding in love, and he relents from sending calamity. 14 Who knows? He may turn and relent and leave behind a blessing —grain offerings and drink offerings for the Lord your God.” It is not too late and the fires of revival that we are seeing everywhere attest to God’s intention to spare us.
We dare not underestimate the powers that have are arrayed against us. This is a masterpiece of deception. However, we dare not forget the awesomeness of our God! He has exposed lies and deposed kings throughout history. Our greatest enemy is our apathy and our fear! Once the body of Christ stands where she belongs she will be unstoppable!